So any one that follows my blog or knows me in person knows I LOVE NAIL POLISH! [I know I know…I hide it sooo well :)]. That being said….
I was walking through Walmart with a friend who came up to visit me from Jamaica recently, and during our ‘browsing session’, on the outside of the aisles [you know, that section they put right in your way to trap you!] was this nail polish display from a brand I had never come across before: Salon Perfect. Not only was it unavoidable, because it was nail polish, but they had really bright colors, which are my weakness! I was pulled in like a hungry man to an all-you-can-eat-buffet. I was defenseless against it.
I saw quite a few colors which I liked right off hand, but since I had never tried this line before I decided to go for colors that attracted me the most, and were not replicas of ones I already had. I chose four of them, three brights and one pastel. A couple things to note about these polishes:
– They need more than one coat for true color payoff [Some need 3-4 for maximum potential]. With enough coats, the color is AMAZING!!!!
– They NEED a base AND top coat! The three bright colors are matte in finish when dry, but not a very nice matte finish, if you know what I mean. When a top coat is added though, they are bangin!
– They are not the cheapest nail polishes around at $ 3.98 each, but definitely not as expensive as many, and like I said with the right number of coats, they are worth it!
The four colors I got were:
– #506 – ‘Traffic Cone’ [think highlighter orange]
– #505- ‘Going Sailing’ [a rich teal]
– #503- ‘Fired Up Fuchsia’ [bright pink-purple]
– #117- ‘Bellini’ [milky apricot]
Hope you all like!
Please leave me a comment letting me know what you think. Have you ever used Salon Perfect before? If so, did you like/hate it? What was your impression of the colors/quality etc?
As usual thank you so much for stopping by. Don’t forget to like/follow this blog for upcoming posts and giveaways. And please come interact with us on social networking:
Have a great night!