So the items being featured today are ones that I bought late last year, but between being caught up in general with life, and part of my order being delayed, I haven’t quite gotten around it til now.
MAC products are some of my favorite when it comes to makeup. They are a bit pricey, so I don’t own very many items compared to many people, but the things I do own I really enjoy. I do like their fixed plus spray, strobe cream and prep and prime highlighter, but my favorite things from them are their lipsticks. All the ones I’ve tried so far have great pigmentation and good staying power. In this haul, I decided to treat myself to a few lipsticks.
During the time I was deciding to purchase them, MAC had just released their Nasty Gal collection. It featured 3 lippies that were all deep, rich purples shades with a matte finish. I went for 2 of them, as the third one I just felt was a bit too dark for the mood I’m normally in/ makeup I wear. I ended up getting Stunner and Runner. I also got 3 other lipsticks from MAC from their regular line, that I had been interested in for some time, Dark Side, Viva Glam 1 and Fashion Revival, both matte as well (guess I’m on a roll here huh?)
After I placed my order, I was informed by the company that Dark Side was on back order and they would ship it out when it was available. That took around a month. Now that I have all the lipsticks in my possession, I have a few thoughts:
– All of them have an amazing formulation. They glide on very smoothly, no skipping during application.
– Not drying to me, even though they are matte (just make sure your lips are exfoliated before wearing them)
– Beautiful pigmentation
– Good staying power. Lasted pretty well even through light eating and drinking (they do transfer, but color on the lips seems to stay pretty pigmented and evenly distributed)
– Can be layered. Don’t need to remove old layer to touch up
– I love 4 of the 5 colors
– Did not like the color of the Viva Glam
The only reason I didn’t return it is because all the money from the viva live goes to charity. But you know I really mustn’t have liked it on me for me to have given it away at such a cost
– They are a bit pricey
– They do transfer
– If your lips are not exfoliated and smooth, they will emphasize dry patches or chapped lips (even though I don’t feel that they themselves contribute to the dryness)
Hope you enjoy!
Did you try out any of these lipsticks? What did you think of them? Are you MAC fan? What are your favorite colors/products? Any recommendations? Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate it. Don’t forget to follow ILuvBeautie both here and on Facebook for upcoming posts and amazing giveaways. Until next time, have an awesome day! =)
2 thoughts on “MAC Haul!!!”
Wow! I love runner! I have never tried any of these but I love Vegas volt. It’s my favorite Mac lipstick.
Thanks for commenting! I’ll have to look into trying that color as well, thank you for the suggestion =)